Saturday, March 20, 2010

Practical Love

''Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.'' 1 Jn. 3 v 18

True love cannot be fathomed or be fully defined, of all human emotions it is the most profound and dynamic.!

Expressing it in intelligible language; compassion, friendliness, tenderness and many other soulful words do not succeed in describing the power and strength of LOVE.

The basis for true love is identification with the loved one, the same joy, sorrow, temptations and disapointments are experienced.

True love comprises of sacrifice and often sorrow.

The true quality of love surpasses sympathy and sentimentality and manifests itself in loyalty and faithfulness when things go wrong for the loved one.

My life is an example to many, becuse YOU have been my strength and protection. That is why I can never stop praising YOU: I declare YOUR glory all day long.

Ps 71 v 7-8

But I will keep on hoping for you to help me, I will praise you more and more, I will tell everyone about your Righteousness. All day long I will proclaim your saving power, for I am overwhelmed by how much you have done for me. I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign LORD. I will tell everyone that you alone are just and good.

v 14 - 16

YOUR righteousness, O GOD, reaches to the highest heavens. YOU have done such wonderful things, who can compare with you, O GOD? YOU have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but YOU will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. YOU will restore me to even greater honour and comfort me once again!

v 19 - 21

For the LORD our GOD is our light and protector. HE gives us grace and glory. No good thing will the LORD withhold from those who do what is right.

O LORD Almighty, happy are those who trust in YOU.

ps 84 v 11-12

Teach us to make the most of our time so that we may grow in wisdom!

ps 90 v 12

When doubt filled my mind YOUR comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

ps 94 v 19

GOD is the GOD of the possible, whose faithfulness is unfailing. GOD cares for YOU on the inside, whatever happens on the outside

No comments:

Post a Comment