Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Can't, YOU can. Please do

We work hard at developing a prayer life, but perhaps we are not so eloquent. Much of our prayers are offered simply. One simple prayer I find myself praying often is this: ''I Can't, YOU can, Please do.''

When we pray this, this is what we say to GOD

a) I Can't - I acknowledge my inability to meet the challenge. i am not big, smart or strong enough to do it. If it is totally up to me it won't happen.

b) YOU can - I am expressing my faith in GOD. i communicate my confidence in GOD to be sufficient for the task. I rest on the fact that HE is BIG enough, strong enough for anything at hand.

c) Please do - I ask HIM to act. I expect HIM to fulfil HIS promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment