Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trusting GOD

''This I know: GOD is on my side, O GOD, I praise YOUR word, yes LORD, I praise YOUR word. I trust in GOD, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?''
Psalm 56 v 10-11


Are you frightened to trust GOD in case you are let down?

When we trust ourselves to GOD, expecting the rope to break, we are thoroughly shocked to find ourselves carried, in spite of our LACK of faith!

HE wants us to trust HIM, so we don't have to worry, anxious Christians are NOT a good advertisement for their faith!

In the end it isnt the amount of faith we have, it is the object of our trust that matters.

It is safe to trust GOD, HE is not a frayed rope. HE can always bear our weight - we can count on it!

''For YOUR unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
YOUR faithfulness reaches to the clouds.''

Psalm 57 - 10


source: Jill Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment